The business of fashion is booming at MAGIC. With an average of nearly $200 million per-day order volume and 85% of the top 50 retailers in attendance, more business is done at MAGIC than any other fashion retail trade event.
While New York Fashion Week has successfully created a place in history that is synonymous with luxury fashion, glamour and elite apparel brands walking the catwalk – is it at MAGIC that the business of fashion truly happens, with tens of thousands of retailers, media, brands and other apparel industry influencers flocking to Las Vegas.
MAGIC unites the largest and most influential network of buyers and brands in all areas of fashion: WWDMAGIC (women’s), FN PLATFORM (footwear), MENS/WEAR, SOURCING, POOLTRADESHOW (emerging brands)and PROJECT (directional brands).
SEMINARS for 2012: Featuring the top industry experts offering real-world solutions and dialogue on the key issues facing the industry today.
If you are not yet familiar with MAGIC, below you will find some stats and information.
SHOW IS ON THE RISE (All stats as of June 2012)
– Based on pre-registration, MAGIC attendance is at record high. MAGIC’s Fall ‘12 marketplace is set to pack more purchasing power than ever in terms of both new and return buyers.
– MAGIC as a whole is tracking significant growth in first-time attendees, with more than 2,000 new buyers already pre-registered.
– Over the past three years, MAGIC has seen attendance increase roughly 15 percent and exhibitors increase 39 percent.
– WWDMAGIC expects its largest show since 2008, with hundreds of new brands onboard.
– Yoga/Active wear is making a strong showing with brands like Lucy, Electric Yoga, Wear Me Out.
– SWIM at WWDMAGIC (the largest collection of swimwear in the western USA) will showcase close to 200 swimwear brands. Brands include Ella Moss Swimwear, Guess Swimwear, Hapari Swimwear, Hermanny By Vix, Modern Amusement, Reef Swimwear, Roxy, Sauvage.
– WWDMAGIC’s collection of the crème de la crème in French apparel brand – returns in Heart of Prêt, and our Launch Pad/Emerging Designer Showcase is back, fostering up-and-coming design talent.
FN PLATFORM (Footwear)
– The shoe show at MAGIC, FN PLATFORM, is experiencing growth across all categories, with over 800 brands you CANNOT see at any other show in LV.
– Interesting trends include colored soles, wedges and flats.
– Great brands at the show include – men’s footwear: Moschino Mens, Voile Blanche, Greg Norman Footwear, Carlos Santos, Boemus (all new to show) and many more. Plus sample women’s brands: Loeffler Randall, Grey Mer, Hunter Boots, Keen, Drydock, and more…..
SOURCING at MAGIC
– 1000 apparel, accessories and footwear resources.
– Sourcing will highlight “Made in Americas” with a Summit & Pavilion, highlighting Western Hemisphere sourcing opportunities. In addition, our focus region of SOURCING will be Southeast Asia (ASEAN).
– NEW Launch: SOURCING at MAGIC HOME. Products will encompass fabrics, materials and components for home application (bed, bath & kitchen linens, towels, window treatments rugs and accessories).
MENS/WEAR, S.L.A.T.E/ Young Men’s
– A few Men’s trends include: colors and prints on sportswear and swimwear, accessories, tailored, non-denim sportswear.
– Sample new brands: Trukfit – Lil Wayne’s brand, Ice Cream – Pharrel’s brand, Adidas, Tokidoki. Plus returning brands: Fly Society, Orisue, Fox Racing, 10Deep, The Hundreds, Diamond Supply Co, Quiksilver & more.
– Our PROJECT 10 area is back with up & coming designers. Theme is “young men’s essentials” with a curated group of designers who specialize in apparel, footwear, bags, eyewear.
If you are interested, you can discuss the MAGIC trade shows with members of the fashion industry on G+.